Monday, May 25, 2009

My Steps in Learning - Don`t Fight the Market

I had the problem of fighting the market and I believe lots of others do too. I felt that my profitable days occured when I sat down to my desk with the mindset: "I don`t know what is going to happen".

I was like many who read the news, listen to analysts, commentators saying that a correction was overdue and that market can`t really go up further, or the market gapped down and that is bearish etc.
Many times I had a bearish view because of the overnight news or the opening hour looked bearish. I tried to find a good position to get in short and I had to take a sequence of small losses. If I had just accepted that the market was going up, and went with it, I could have saved a lot of frustration, time and money
When somebody asks you what you think about the stock markets, you do have opinions. However in trading it is better to reply: I don`t know, I am not trying to figure it out or understand it. If I see the move I will get in and make myself available. If it goes, it goes, if not than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment